Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  With all of this thanking going around, you'd think that there would be nothing but joy in the air.  But let me tell you a quick story about what happened just several hours ago at my Thanksgiving...
All was going well, and my family had gathered at my grandma and grandpa's house.  They had a silent auction (with play money, of course) to get rid of some old things they no longer wanted.  Long story short, me and my cousin got quite competetive over some random items, and not in a friendly way.  More of a "this is going to be mine, and you are NOT getting it" kind of way.  Looking back, I see that I had completly lost my Thanksgiving spirit and was thinking only of myself.  I know that it was a petty thing to fight about, and there was no reason for me to get so selfish.  How can I say I was thankful for what I had when all I could think about was getting some random useless toy?
With that being said, let's try not to get too caught up in the little things as we move into this holiday season.  Here's the challenge:
Be legitimantely thankful for EVERYTHING, every time.
I'm talking everything.  Good times, bad times, boyfriends and break-ups, trustworthy friends and backstabbers, A's and F's.  Thank God for every one, because they are all going to make you better if you let them.  If you think your life is bad, think of this.  Got two legs? Got two eyes? Can you walk and talk and laugh and sing and dance and hug and smile and run?  You've got a lot of great things and you can do amazing things.  So be glad you have them, every day, not just Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment